Launch your career in the fast-growing green sector!
Want a job with great progression opportunities focused on tackling the climate crisis?
A large part of tackling climate change centers around encouraging improvements to energy efficiency within existing buildings across Ireland, promoting the installation of various sustainable technologies in a process called retrofit.
Working in retrofit means becoming a sustainability guru – delivering consultations over the phone and via email, providing customer support and advice to people and organisations going through (or considering) the process of making their buildings more eco-friendly.
You will play an important role in managing the sustainability project behind the scenes. This includes booking installers and contractors, processing grant applications, reviewing surveys and progress, and conducting initial online property assessments.
Sustainability professionals are in growing demand across energy companies, specialist installers, housing associations and local councils. It’s estimated we’ll need 10,000 skilled retrofit professionals by 2025 alone! Once you start your career you can progress quickly in this fast-growing sector, earning up to €30,000 in just two years through various career routes.
This new programme will teach you everything you need to know to begin your career as a Retrofit Advisor, we’ll provide you with the skills you need to nail a job interview with one of Generation’s employer partners and launch a ‘green’ career as a top-performer from day one earning a starting salary of €21-24,000. Find out more about the course by watching the video below:
What will you gain from a Generation programme?
- Free training: You’ll learn all you need to successfully launch your career in the Green Sector — as well as the behaviour and mindset skills you need to progress with your career!
- Connect with employers: At the end of the programme, Generation will connect you with employers hiring for Retrofit Advisor roles, support you through your application, and help you transition into your working life.
- Career Coaching: We provide a 1–1 career coaching experience for up to 6 months post-program, to identify your personal challenges and work with you to overcome them!
- Stand out from the crowd in a highly competitive job market!
You’ll be a great fit for this course if you are:
- Eager to have an impact and make a difference to the climate crisis
- Energised by working with and helping people, providing great customer service
- Great at paying attention to detail
- Comfortable working with a computer in an office environment as part of a team
- Excited to learn new things in a changing sector
Does this sound like you? Apply now!
Are you currently receiving jobseeker payments from INTREO?
INTREO customers can continue to receive their jobseeker payments while taking part in a Generation Ireland programme. To make sure your payments continue, you should:
- Receive an offer from Generation for your chosen boot-camp programme
- Submit a completed Education, Training and Development application to your local INTREO centre, along with a copy of your Generation offer email
- Receive written approval from your INTREO centre before starting day one of your Generation programme
INTREO state that to continue receiving jobseeker’s payment, you should be:
- aged over 21 and in receipt of a jobseeker’s payment for 6 months.
- OR aged between 18 and 20, and have not been in formal education for 2 years, plus 6 months in receipt of a jobseeker’s payment.
If you don’t meet these criteria, you can still apply to a Generation programme but you won’t be able to continue receiving jobseeker’s payment.
During your programme, you will then continue to receive your normal weekly payment, the availability condition of your jobseeker’s payment is waived, and you are not required to sign-on the Live Register.
Program Length10 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
All courses are currently being conducted remotely
- Aged 18+
- Not in education, training, or working regularly more than 16 hours per week
- Have the legal right to work & live in Ireland - for non-EU citizens, we can only accept applications from those on a Stamp 1G or Stamp 4 Visa
- Live in Ireland and - if applicable - is willing to relocate to commutable areas for job opportunities in employer centres
- Available for 10 weeks, and ready to start a full time role straight after the course
What your journey will look like
Take the first stepGo through the selection process outlined earlier.
Get orientedComplete Generation's orientation process with Generation staff. Together, we'll make sure you're ready to begin class with the resources you need to succeed.
TrainBegin your training. Complete all assigned work and come to class each day ready to learn and engage with your cohort and your instructor.
PrepareAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on mock interviews and perfecting your resume.
GraduateGraduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
AdvanceContinue to advance your career. Share your successes with the Generation team and stay connected with Generation.
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges
The right CV can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a CV that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges