Ready to launch your career in tech?
Do you enjoy being creative and thinking outside the box? Are you curious about the tech sector? Join our free, 12-week bootcamp to begin a career in technology as a Junior Web Developer!
Web developers are the people behind game development, building websites and creating new platforms (plus so much more!) As a Junior Web Developer you’ll be writing code to develop new features, fixing bugs, reviewing existing code, designing products, improving user experience, and helping to make technical decisions.
You don’t need any existing experience or qualifications to be part of this training programme. Although, why not brush up your Basic HTML and HTML5 coding skills on Free Code Camp.
What we’re offering…
- Free training You’ll learn all you need to be successful – from programming skills to the employment essentials that will help you achieve your potential.
- Connect with employers At the end of the programme, we’ll connect you to employers with great career prospects, which we’ll help you apply and interview for.
- Career Coaching: We provide a 1-1 career coaching experience for up to 6 months post program, to identify your personal challenges and work with you to overcome them!
- Stand out from the crowd in a highly competitive job market!
As a Junior Web Developer, you will be a pioneer in web design. Your role will enable you to create content, help clients create websites and features, and support your team to resolving coding issues. The workplace for you could mean a global company in a team of 500 or a community-driven firm in a team of 5. Working as a Junior Web Developer in Ireland, estimated average entry level starting salary starts from €25k.
Program Length12 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Remote learningAll courses are currently being conducted remotely
- Aged 18-29
- Not working regularly more than 16 hours per week
- Can demonstrate your interest in a career in technology and you have already started exploring your interest in computing, technology and coding
- Have the legal right to work & live in Ireland
- Able to travel into central Dublin
- Available for 12 weeks, and ready to start a full time job as a Junior Web Developer straight after the course
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Don't worry if some of these technical skills aren't familiar to you — we'll teach you everything on the programme. To explore if you'll enjoy the course content, we recommend trying out some free online coding courses such as Codeacademy or Freecodecamp.
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to:
What your journey will look like
Complete your application and provide ID documentationGo through the selection process outlined earlier.
Meet your mentorIf you gain a place, you’ll meet with your mentor before the programme starts to make sure you have all the support you need to achieve your potential.
Start your trainingThe programme begins! You’ll learn the behaviours, mindsets and technical skills to succeed as a Junior Web Developer.
GraduateGraduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
Connect with employersWe'll connect you to employers for interview, and we'll provide 1-1 interview support to make sure you can shine at interview.
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges
The right CV can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a CV that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges