Get certified as an IT Professional for FREE. Build your confidence in a supportive environment to enter a career in IT Support.
Benefits to you:
- At NO cost you you, gain an IT certification worth €1500 from the Service Desk Institute who are a leading global community for everyone working in the IT service and support industry.
- Gain access to a career in technology, one of Ireland’s fastest growing sectors.
- Average estimated starting salary from €24k and after 2 to 3 years progression to €26k+ Team Leader, Desktop Engineer or System Administrator.
- Other career options include specialising in Databases, Cloud, Security or Infrastructure.
- No previous qualifications or experience needed, only an interest in this career choice!
How it works:
- Free training: Over 12 weeks, you’ll learn how to successfully launch your career in IT Support and the skills needed with our dedicated Curriculum team.
- Mentoring (on programme and 6 months after): You will receive one to one mentoring support throughout the programme and for 6 months after to support your journey int employment.
- Connect with employers: At the end of the programme, we will connect you with employers with live vacancies and help you with your employability such as CV writing and mock interviews.
- Application Stages: Please see below for more information on how to get involved.
- Insight into IT Support: Scroll down below to watch a video, which gives you an insight into this profession.
- Programme Manager contact details: Any questions, please email Nadine at email@example.com and we will be happy to help!
Program Length12 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Remote learningAll courses are currently being conducted remotely
- Aged 18+
- Not in education, training, or working regularly more than 16 hours per week
- Have the legal right to work & live in Ireland
- Live in Dublin or willing to relocate to Dublin for a job opportunity
- Available for 12 weeks, and ready to start a full time job in Dublin in IT Support straight after the course
Insight into IT Support
This programme is a great springboard into one of Ireland's fastest growing sector with strong career progression opportunities in technology.
Developed with leading employers, we will teach technical skills covering hardware, software, mobile devices, networking, operating systems and security; combined with the necessary soft skills.
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to:
What your journey will look like
Take the first stepGo through the selection process outlined earlier.
Get orientedComplete Generation's orientation process with Generation staff. Together, we'll make sure you're ready to begin class with the resources you need to succeed.
TrainBegin your training. Complete all assigned homework and come to class each day ready to learn and engage with your cohort and your instructor.
PrepareAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on mock interviews and perfecting your resume.
GraduateGraduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
AdvanceContinue to advance your career. Share your successes with the Generation team and stay connected with Generation.
How we prepare you
In a world of job training programs, Generation takes a different approach to help you succeed. Generation instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier.
The instructors and mentors at Generation aren't just teachers, they're coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges
The right CV can open the door to new career opportunities. Generation students learn how to create a CV that showcases their skills and experiences.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Generation team ensures that all graduates feel confident and prepared to interview.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with alums, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges