Launch your career in tech with AWS re/Start
AWS re/Start is a free 12 week bootcamp to kickstart your career in tech — run in collaboration with Amazon Web Services and kindly supported by M1 Skillnet.
You don’t need any existing experience or qualifications to be part of this training programme – hear more from programme graduate Javeriyah below, who became a Systems Engineer after completing AWS re/Start.
- Free training and qualification You’ll learn all you need to be successful in an entry level cloud technology career – from the coding languages & technical knowledge of cloud computing to the employment skills that will help you achieve your potential. At the end of the programme you’ll be ready to take your AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification – and we’ll fund you to do it.
- Connect with employers At the end of the programme, Generation will connect you with employers hiring for cloud and devops engineer roles, support you through your application, and help you transition into your working life. The of role can vary from an apprenticeship to a full time permanent role – the opportunities are endless!
- Mentorship & Career Coaching: We provide a 1-1 career coaching experience for up to 6 months post programme, to help you strengthen your employability skills on your journey to employment!
Contact us: For any questions, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to help!
Are you currently receiving jobseeker payments from INTREO?
INTREO customers can continue to receive their jobseeker payments while taking part in a Generation Ireland programme. To make sure your payments continue, you should:
- Receive an offer from Generation for your chosen boot-camp programme
- Submit a completed Education, Training and Development application to your local INTREO centre, along with a copy of your Generation offer email
- Receive written approval from your INTREO centre before starting day one of your Generation programme
INTREO state that to continue receiving jobseeker’s payment, you should be:
- aged over 21 and in receipt of a jobseeker’s payment for 6 months.
- OR aged between 18 and 20, and have not been in formal education for 2 years, plus 6 months in receipt of a jobseeker’s payment.
If you don’t meet these criteria, you can still apply to a Generation programme but you won’t be able to continue receiving jobseeker’s payment.
During your programme, you will then continue to receive your normal weekly payment, the availability condition of your jobseeker’s payment is waived, and you are not required to sign-on the Live Register.
Program Length12 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Aged 18+
- Not in education, training, or working regularly more than 16 hours per week
- Have the legal right to work & live in Ireland - for non-EU citizens, we can only accept applications from those on a Stamp 1G or Stamp 4 Visa
- Live in Ireland and - if applicable - is willing to relocate to commutable areas for job opportunities in employer centres
- Available for 12 weeks, and ready to start a full time entry level job straight after the course
What is cloud technology?
Cloud technology underpins everything we experience online - from Netflix to Facebook, millions of companies use cloud computing to power their business.
Following the programme, your AWS Cloud Support Practitioner certification will help you get a role in the tech industry. Previous graduates of our AWS re/Start programme have titles like Tech Support Specialist, Junior Privacy Analyst, & Network Development Engineer - working in small to medium size businesses or globally recognized multinationals. The role might be an apprenticeship, a contract role, full time, or even an internship. The opportunities are endless!
Amazon Web Services, the “Powered by AWS” logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Don't worry if some of these technical skills aren't familiar to you — we'll teach you everything on the programme. To explore if you'll enjoy the course content, we recommend trying out some free online coding courses such as Codeacademy or Freecodecamp.
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to:
What your journey will look like
Complete your application and provide ID documentationGo through the selection process outlined earlier.
Meet your mentorIf you gain a place, you’ll meet with your mentor before the programme starts to make sure you have all the support you need to complete the programme successfully.
Start your trainingThe programme begins! You’ll learn the behaviours, mindsets and technical skills to succeed as a Cloud Support Practitioner.
Get ready for your job applicationsAs training progresses, you'll work with the Generation team on your interview technique and creating your personal statement for end employers.
Graduate!Graduate and celebrate your achievement with your friends and family.
Connect with employers and start in your new roleGeneration will connect you with employers who have vacancies reserved especially for Generation graduates. We’ll support you to find a role, and then stay in touch as you start in the job.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges