Launch your career in tech: Become a Data Analyst
This programme has been developed in partnership with Microsoft
Don’t have a degree? Don’t worry we do not select on past educational background and our courses are designed for people without previous tech experience or education.
Demand for data skills has tripled in the past five years and it is one of the fastest growing areas in tech! On this free 11 week bootcamp, we’ll provide you with the perfect launchpad to enter this area.
Generation has partnered with Technology Ireland Digital Skillnet to deliver this TechStart Data Analyst programme in Ireland.
How it works
You don’t need any existing work experience or qualifications to be part of this training programme. Data is not just for those with math degrees! >110 learners without degrees have joined Generation Data programmes across the UK & Ireland and have gone into roles earning >€31. You’re more likely to thrive on the programme and in a career as a data analyst if…
- you enjoy working with numbers (and you’re good at it too), calculations and analysis
- you like solving problems with a logical, step-by-step approach
- you’re detail orientated
- you’re comfortable learning new software programmes like Excel to perform analysis
- you’re happy doing (or learning to do) a bit of computer programming or coding
- you’re comfortable working with people to explain, communicate and present your analysis and technical concepts in simple, easy to understand ways
What we’re offering…
- Free training You’ll learn all you need to be successful – from programming skills to the employment essentials that will help you achieve your potential. All programmes are delivered fully remote during Covid.
- Gain an industry recognised Qualification Train towards obtaining the Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals qualification (at €0 cost to you).
- Connect with hiring employers At the end of the programme, Generation will enrol you to the Graduate Hub, helping you prepare for interviews. We will connect you with employers looking to hire data analysts at the time, support you in job applications, and help you transition into your working life.
- Mentor support during and 6 months post programme
Are you currently receiving jobseeker payments from INTREO?
INTREO customers can continue to receive their jobseeker payments while taking part in a Generation Ireland programme. To make sure your payments continue, you should:
- Receive an offer from Generation for your chosen boot-camp programme
- Submit a completed Education, Training and Development application to your local INTREO centre, along with a copy of your Generation offer email
- Receive written approval from your INTREO centre before starting day one of your Generation programme
INTREO state that to continue receiving jobseeker’s payment, you should be:
- aged over 21 and in receipt of a jobseeker’s payment for 6 months.
- OR aged between 18 and 20, and have not been in formal education for 2 years, plus 6 months in receipt of a jobseeker’s payment.
If you don’t meet these criteria, you can still apply to a Generation programme but you won’t be able to continue receiving jobseeker’s payment.
During your programme, you will then continue to receive your normal weekly payment, the availability condition of your jobseeker’s payment is waived, and you are not required to sign-on the Live Register.
Program Length11 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Aged 18+
- Not in education, training, or working regularly more than 16 hours per week
- Have the legal right to work & live in Ireland - for non-EU citizens, we can only accept applications from those on a Stamp 1G or Stamp 4 Visa
- Live in Ireland and - if applicable - is willing to relocate to commutable areas for job opportunities in employer centres
- Available for 11 weeks, and ready to start a full time entry level job straight after the course
What does a Data Analyst Do?
Data, data, data - we are producing more than ever and it is seen as the new most valuable asset of companies. Think about how many customers a company like Amazon or eBay has. Millions? Then think about how many items they have online. Billions? And within that, how many types of individual information - names, locations, costs - all evolving all the time.
What makes data so valuable is the analysis of it and how it can be used to make the right decisions - whether this be launching a new product, determining what type of tv series will sell best or even setting a strategy to manage a pandemic - all require data analytics.
Hear first hand what a data analyst does - this example is from a Healthcare company
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
Don't worry if some of these technical skills aren't familiar to you — you'll learn them on the programme.
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to develop the key employability skills to be successful in your role.
Ongoing benefits of Generation
A Trusted Network
Continued contact with the Generation graduate network
Events and workshops to help you keep growing
Become a mentor to help others
Troubleshoot your job challenges